SPA’s own show choirs, The Fluffernutters & Main Melody, return for another smash season! This high energy, fast paced choir will knock your socks off with fun! Show Choir is all the rage these days, not to mention the best way to get your glee on. Students will learn proper breathing, posture, and vocal technique, as well as choreography designed for show choirs. The repertoire includes contemporary, broadway and popular pop songs of yesterday and today. Members receive weekly vocal rehearsal and dance/choreography class to produce their showcase within each performance season. This ensemble participates in numerous public performances. SPA show choirs have graced the stages of Disney World, Navy Pier, The Museum of Science & Industry, Naperville’s Hometown Holidays, and more!Date: Rehearsals begin September 20, Welcome Meeting September 13Time: Tuesday, 4:15 – 6:30 p.m. Tuition: $450/semester:
- Must make school-year long commitment September – June.
- Semesters runs September 2016–January 2017 & January 2017-June 2017.
- Additional charges of $90 music/materials fee and $90 costume rental due at time of registration.
Show Choir… After Hours! – For Holiday and Spring Shows
Our ‘After-Hours’ Show Choir is an additional opportunity for current show choir members. Rehearsals will take place Tuesday evenings following our regularly scheduled rehearsals. This will be an auditioned and invited group comprised of current show choir members that are looking for that little something extra such as a solo or duet, a specialty number with faster-paced choreography, and/or character staging. This will enhance our already established and show-stopping Main Melody choir, allowing us to lengthen our show times for area performances. Auditions will be held early October. Stay tuned for more info!Age: Grades 6-9Date: October – December and March – JuneTime: Tuesdays, 6:40-7:30 p.m.Tuition: $100 /sessionnregister here
\r\n\r\nDo you have a little one that loves to perform? Show Choir, Baby! is the perfect introduction to our show choir performance ensemble – The Fluffernutters! Students will work with choreography specifically designed for singing and storytelling. Each rehearsal includes vocals and choreography, and the class will have performance opportunities throughout the year.
- Workshop Audition Day – Tuesday, December 6, 3:30 – 4:30pm – join in on the fun and see if Little But Loud is a fit for your little performer! We’ll learn a song/movement combination to a popular tune or two and get in the groove for our winter/spring session of Show Choir, Baby – Little But Loud!
- New Workshop Audition Day added! January 23 from 6:00-7:00pm. Come to one or both!
- Little But Loud will perform at the SPA Dance Concert in addition to community events in the spring.
Age: Grades K – 2Date: January 31 – May 30 Time: Tuesdays, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. with Ms. Becky Tuition: $280/ (includes music, materials and T-shirt costume)register here
SPAcappella gives kids the unique opportunity to explore a large array of musical styles. The group is looking for 12-16 creative, dedicated, and experienced vocalists who want to work in a small group setting. This ensemble will also offer exciting performance opportunities within the community! SPAcappella is a collaboration between an adult mentor/instructor and a student musician, offering room for ideas and creativity.\r\n
- Please arrive at 5:00pm
- Please prepare 32 bars of a pop song (acappella); Casting all vocal ranges and alternates. We will work blending, sight-reading, musicality, presence and vocal placement during auditions.
- Please be warmed up for auditions.
SPAcappella rehearsals will be held on Sunday afternoons or evenings. A monthly schedule will be determined upon availability.
*SPAcappella is not a part of SPA’s professionally coached music ensembles.